Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Truce (part1)

Thanks @jerqu for letting me posting your amazing story
cr:  http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/370394/official-leeteuk-suju-sora-couple-we-got-married

Chapter 6. The truce


image

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

  Busan from Seoul by car is around 5 hours so KS had to sleep early the night before to be refreshed and energized to drive the following morning. It is Friday today and her presentation is scheduled early in the evening so there is plenty of time, she can drive leisurely going to Busan. She is happy to learn that Sungmin is also attending a teambuilding workshop in Busan for his new drama (he got a drama offer, and he'll try doin' it for the first time ) and they look forward to seeing each other again. Leaving Seoul at 6am in her hybrid Sonata, she will reach Busan in time for lunch.



While driving, Sora reminisces her childhood trips to Busan with her parents. She enjoys the beautiful scenery now as much as she did before, nothing changed, no massive realty development had taken place yet and she thinks that is better because somehow the beauty of nature remains pure.



She enjoyed the scenery so much that she did not notice she is about to reach her destination. She sees the entrance gate of the Conference Centre.



The Conference Centre houses three 7-story buildings, one of which is the dormitory for transient attendees. KS parks at the visitor’s lane in front of the dormitory. To her surprise, Sungmin comes out of the dormitory hall and meets her at the parking area.



"How was your drive coming here ?"


"It was steady, smooth, no problems so far." "How are you ? Has your workshop started?"


"I am good, yes the workshop started this morning, and we are on our lunch break. Come have lunch with me at the cafeteria."


"Sure, I am starving but I need to register and leave my luggage in my assigned room."


"Let me help you with that ."


"Thank you so much, , you may grab my luggage and I will take my laptop and other presentation materials with me."



They proceeded to the reception area, registered and deposited Sora’s luggage and other stuff in her room located at the 4th floor of the dormitory.


On their way to the cafeteria, down the basement, "Is the food good?", how was your breakfast?"



"They served Continental breakfast and you know me, it is my favorite so I ate with gusto ha ha ha!"



"I would say you are still a growing kid and your appetite is so big, Sungminsshi!" "I wonder what they are serving for lunch."



"Sorasshi, I checked it out earlier, we have a choice among Italian, Japanese and Korean dishes. It makes sense to me because there are multiple events going on and they should serve a variety of dishes."



"Then, Korean it is for me, hmmmm I cannot get enough of it." "What is it for you?"



"I will have Italian! I was just craving pasta yesterday ha ha ha!"....... "Ahermm...Can we drop the formality between us? It's kinda annoying and we've been friends for years now"




"Actually I was about to ask you that..heheh! "



After getting their food, Sungmin and Sora sit by the patio where tables and chairs are shaded by big parasols. The summer sun is just right, not scorching and the breeze is steady. Sora forgot to get a glass of water, she does not drink sodas, so she went back inside the cafeteria. As she is about to get water from the fountain dispenser, she bumps into someone who is rushing to get water too. They look at each other and time stood still.




"Go ahead, take some water first."




"Thank you" she said and proceeds to get water, then goes out back to her seat by the patio where Sungmin is, enjoying his pasta and pizza.



"Why do you look so flustered, as if you saw a ghost?"


"Why is Leeteuk here, Sungmin?" "Did you know he is here?"


"Hyung? Here?" "Oh, I get it, I think he have some business to attend here, I heard." "You have not spoken to him until now?"



"No and I do not intend to, what is there to talk about?"



"I think you have some unfinished business to settle Sorassh,errr Sora." "It would be good for both of you to come to a truce and end the animosity because you will bump into one another most of the time, it is awkward if you are not on speaking terms." "Korea is such a small place for the two of you!"



"Well, you have a point there, we need to get to the bottom of it for a more peaceful way of living/co-existing in this place, but maybe in due time, the situation has not presented itself so I will cross the bridge when I get there." "In the meantime I am so hungry, let me eat!"



The two finished lunch, Sora is now proceeding back to her room for final preparations of her presentation while Sungmin returns to his workshop room.




No comments:

Post a Comment